Two words, Spread betting and Spread trading! Bliss! Exceptional value is what Capital Index offers. Regardless of all the free whistles and bells that come with most trading accounts, Capital Index is different. As a life and death matter, they take handling your trade seriously. That is the real measure of the quality they have as a broker.
They make sure all funds clients deposit are fully segregated. They keep them in separate bank accounts at Barclay’s Bank PLC. By doing this, they give you the assurance that your funds will never be used for anything else but your investment.
It is a CFD trading company in Limassol, Cyprus, with FCA branch in the heart of the city of London. It has been there since 2014, and an EU broker regulates it with a Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) license. This broker places its clients at the very heart of their business by operating with an STP execution model to ensure no client conflict.
Features of Capital Index
It uses MetaTrader 4 as its platform of choice. They have made it available for Mac OS and Mac IOS, Android devices and Windows. Traders can use their smartphones and tablets to monitor their positions and trades. Although it does not offer any other platform besides MetaTrader 4, it offers few plugins that amplify the features of the built in the platform.
Some of them are, Pro and Advanced account holders can easily sign up for secure VPS just for hosting their trading account in the cloud. The VPS is available for only $10 monthly. This allows the traders to keep their trailing stops working even when they are offline.
It has four types of accounts. They are:
- Classic Account: it differs from other forex brokers because it requires no minimum deposit. If you register with this account, you receive a maximum leverage of 1: 100, MetaTrader 4 platform, seminars and webinars at no extra cost and the ability to hedge funds. It has a fixed spread of 2.
- Advanced Account: has a minimum deposit of 100 Euros. The maximum leverage is 1:100, and it doubles at 1:200. Besides getting free seminars and webinars, you will also get the ability to conduct trades over the phone and VPS (Virtual Private Server). You will also receive a variable spread of 1.2 instead of a fixed spread 2.
- PRO Account: minimum deposit is 500 Euros. Maximum leverage is 1: 100, doubles at 1: 200. You will get free webinars, seminars, VPS and the ability to conducts trades on your mobile as well. You will receive a variable spread of 0.9 instead of 1.2. You will not have a spread trade or bet but rather a 0.5 lot of CFD. You will receive a commission of $3.50 per lot.
- Islamic Account: Option for people of Muslim beliefs. Sharia law and Islamic principles. It allows a Muslim to trade without incurring Swap or roll-over fees on positions held overnight. It is only available to Islamic traders who can’t accept any interest their trading account may receive. Therefore it has no interest or Swap charges, no spread widening, no time limit on positions, a maximum leverage of 1:200, and a CFD account based in USD, no requotes, and instant access to your trading profits. Minimum deposit is $100.
They also have a demo account for traders with no background in currency trading or them to benefit from risk-free practice trades. For the Advanced and PRO accounts, they have a VPS that runs for a week, 24 hours a day completely uninterrupted.
It is also accessible from any computer, smartphone or tablet as long there is the internet connection. There are different partnership available for individuals or institutions that wish to earn a commission just by directing new clients to this broker. There are programs for introducing affiliates, agents, white labels and regulated firms.
Its deposit methods are limited to credit and debit cards as well as bank wires. It has also featured a new Intercash prepaid card which is accepted by MasterCard. This makes the deposits and withdraws much easier.
It offers traders multiple tradable markets like currency pairs, treasury notes, indices, and commodities. It has over 90 tradable assets available. You can trade these assets via CFDs, spread betting and spread trading.
Joining this broker can earn you a bonus of 10,000 Euros just by making your first deposit. It allows you to follow up on the latest developments, promotions, and bonuses on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and Google +.
Customer supports includes; a list of FAQS that cover topics on registration, terms and condition, trading, demo account, live account, software, and educational resources. You can get in touch with the customer support by selecting the ‘contact us’ section.
Some of the unique selling points are;
- It is a fast application
- The free seminars and webinars
Pros and Cons of Capital Index.
- The Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) regulates it.
- No minimum deposit to open the Classic Account
- Advanced and PRO accounts have a leverage of 1:200
- It is an award winning MetaTrader 4 trading platform
- It offers telephone trading for most account types
- Competitive spreads offered
- It has well-regulated FCA and CySEC.
- It only offers MetaTrader 4 platform, therefore no choice between trading platforms.
- Has no South African Rand
If you have an account, Capital Index is easy to use. It has one minute daily updates for a summary of the important financial news. It also has videos available to help you quickly trade.
Capital Index is in a class of its own when you compare it to other brokers. It is available to traders throughout EU, UK, Australia and South Africa. They have made sure that there is something for everyone hence offering a wide selection of trading options. There are also many up-to-date features that make it worth a second look.
Good leverage makes it easy to open positions, and the tight spreads are in line with other brokers. If you want to enjoy fully secure trades, multiple account types and a wide range of assets the Capital Index is the broker for you.